Friday, November 03, 2006

Weekend and Long term plans

Ok, plan for the weekend is to bleed the brakes on the TR. I bought a pressure bleeder from ebay that came with attachments that will fit the TR and MINI as well as my wife's Lexus. ATE Super blue is going to be the new lifeblood of the TRs braking system. Figure while I am bleeding the brakes I will take a good look at the pads, shoes and rotors (TR4s have disc fronts and drum rear). Also going to hunt around and see if my car came with the optional brake servo that kind of gave it power brakes. If not it is going to be something to be added to the "to do" list. Right now the "to do" list is as follows..

Bleed Brakes
Change pads and shoes if needed
Change out/fix Tachometer (it started squeeling something wicked)
Switch Tach and Speedo locations (they are in the wrong spot for a TR4a)
Switch heater and airflow knobs (again, in the wrong spot)
Change out all fluids (flush radiator, engine, differential, tranny oils)
Add brake servo if needed
Change out hood emblem (current one is fadded)
Zero-rust the battery tray and other small spots
Tune up
adjust carbs (or trouble shoot fuel mileage problem, could be a few things)

That is about it at the moment. Figure I can get all this taken care of by the spring. I'll post pics of the brake work I do this weekend early next week.

Also got to thinking of adding a decent stereo to the car. If I do it, I am going to mount the headunit under the dash so that I can keep the stock radio for apperance sake. Nothing fancy, just a Clarion HU, some Polk front speakers (that should fit the original spots) and some enclosed speakers to mount behind the seats so I don't have to cut anything. Some pics below of
the stuff I had in mind. I haven't redone a stereo in a car since high school, looking forward to doing it if I can scare up the funds.

No comments: