Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Hope everyone has a nice 3 day weekend coming up. I know with the temperatures going to be in the upper 80's all weekend hear in Atlanta I'll be spending some time by the pool.

Installed an emergency bonnet release on the TR yesterday. TR bonnet release cables have a bad habit of breaking when you least expect it. When that happens you have a heck of a time getting the hood open. It usually involves drilling a hole in the passenger footwell or using a broom stick from underneath the car. The emergency release installed nicely and will keep me from getting in this mess.

Next few projects in line on the car:
1. I need to get a new tachometer cable, tach needle bounces around, doesn't read and does some other crazy stuff. I already have a replacement tach but also want to get a new cable.
2. Need to change the oil and when I do that I plan on changing the oil pan gasket. Hopefully this will stop a few of the bottom end leaks on the engine.
3. I am going to pull the seats and try to free up the seat sliders. Drivers seat will only move forward a bit and the passenger seat is frozen in place. With the seats in the car, I can't get enough leverage to get them to move and I don't want to soak the sliders in WD-40 while in the car. Pretty easy to remove, I think there are only 4 bolts per seat.
4. Brakes, I hope to order all the stuff to do the front brakes in the next month or so.

No comments: