Wednesday, January 16, 2008

TR6 is now in it's new home!

Got the TR6 back to the house last night. Drove well on the 40+ mile trip. The trip allowed me to assess a few things and come up with a plan in my head on what to do first. Brakes are going to be the first project. They are a bit scary (pull hard left) and once I got home I noticed that the Master Cylinder was leaking a bit. Previous owner claims he just rebuilt the thing but I'm still going to tear into it and see what's up. I'll know a bit more about the brakes when I get the car up in the air with the wheels off next week. The interior lighting is also a bit off, looks as if the wiring is a bit cobbled together. So I have added a new wiring harness to my list of projects. Using the big three suppliers I have come up with a budget for what needs to be done to the car, looks like I will have enough money to get the job done right and have the car running as good if not better than when it was new. I'll post some pictures in the next few days.

No comments: