Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Why does this happen every year?

I have decided that from now on I just need to stay inside a concrete bunker somewhere for the 2nd week of April. 3 years ago, the car dealer wrecked my 1st MINI. 2 years ago I hurt my knee playing tennis. Last year, well I got lucky and nothing happened. This year? I hurt my knee again, playing tennis, on the same exact day I hurt it last time. Grrrrrr. Anyway, my Knee Dr. is going to take a look at it tomorrow. Probably going to get an MRI and maybe have him scope it. This is a re-occurring problem from when I first hurt the thing playing soccer in college.

How does this all fit into cars? Well both the MINI and the Triumph have stick shifts so having a bum left knee makes it a bit difficult to drive. I can get by driving the MINI as long as I don't sit in much traffic. Haven't even tried to get in the TR yet since it is so low to the ground.

I guess I do have some car news. 1st Autocross of the year was this past weekend. It was rainy and my first time running Hoosiers with adjustable camber bits. Had a good time and thought I did pretty good for my first event in a year. Never could get the rear end of the car to stay in line, the MINI was wicked loose and I know I left several seconds out on the track by not being able to attack several of the turns without fear of spinning the car. Looking forward to a dry event and being able to dial the car in.

That's it for now.

No comments: