Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hyundai Elantra Review

Ok, I'm in NY this week. My rental is a Hyundai Elantra. So far not a bad car. About on par with the Ford Focus that I had in Virginia. I will have to say the fact that this one has XM radio may skew my opinions a bit. Handles well enough, gets great gas mileage, doesn't look to bad. Hyundai has come a looooooong way since my dad brought some mid 90's model home for a test drive. I think the interior build quality is better than the Ford, on par with what I have seen in low end Toyota's and Honda's. I know it handles better than the corolla except for a strange dead-spot when going through the center position. Engine is a bit under powered and wheezy for my tastes but transmission does its best to shift at the right times to make the most of the lacking power. Give me a few more days with it and I will write up a full review.

No comments: