Monday, August 04, 2008

TR6 for sale?!?

Yep, it may happen. Still mulling it over in my head. The reason? Well my garage isn't quite big enough to fit the TR6 and a Jeepster Commando and still allow Kelly to park her can indoors. Why a Jeepster you say? Well I drove one that might be for sale this weekend and it is a blast. Heck of a lot bigger than the TR but pretty fun. If I thought I got looks driving around in the TR you should see all the stares you get in a Jeepster. Everyone, I mean everyone, that saw me driving it around on the test drive stopped and pointed. Guess folks just respond to American cars a bit more than small British ones. So, if the Jeepster is going up for sale I would need to make room for it, which means the TR6 would have to go. I am a bit sad about it but the Jeepster would satisfy my classic utility craving. I would be British roadster-less but I can guarantee there would be one back in my garage as soon as I have room (read, when ever I get a chance to build the shop out back of the house!) So, if any of you loyal readers are interested or know anyone who may be interested in a red 1970 Triumph TR6 with extremely rare factory hardtop, new master cylinders (brake and clutch), pretty good paint, new plugs, gear-reduction starter, and plenty of brand new spare parts, then drop me a line. clifclavin@gmail.com

I'll post some pictures of the Jeepster soon!

No comments: