Friday, July 20, 2007

Future Plans

Figured I would let on to what some of my future car plans are. I would love to add a few more classic cars to my collection some time in the future (distant future if my wife has her say). The 2 main cars I would like to pick up are a Willys CJ2A and a Datsun 2000 Sports. I know where I can get the Jeep, Kel's uncle has a '47 sitting in his front yard that needs restoration. Sooner or later I am going to badger him enough that he will let me buy it from him. The Datsun will take some looking around but there are always a few for sale and they are not to expensive to pick up. Pictures of both are below.




You may be saying, "Where is he going to store all of these cars?". Well, Kelly and I have discussed adding on to the house some time in the future and add a detached garage on the back corner of our property. It would be a pretty simple metal building, just electricity (no water), with one roll up door on the front. After doing some research on these types of buildings, I am pretty sure that I have the tools and skill to put the thing up. I would just need to get someone to grade the area off and pore a concrete pad. I want the garage to be big enough to squeeze 3 small cars in (I would have to pull 1 or 2 of the 3 out in order to have space to work on a car). This would let me put the TR, the Jeep and the Datsun out back and then be able to keep the MINI in the garage on the house.

Anyway, that is all just a pipe dream right now. Maybe someday. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: