Thursday, July 05, 2007

General Exclaim UHP Review Part II

I've had these tires on the MINI for 6 months so I figure I would give everyone a follow up on my thoughts.

I like them a lot better than my previous set of Dunlops (Direzza DZ101s). The Generals ride better day to day and look to be wearing a bit more evenly than the Dunlops did. I got these tires from Tire Rack and I chose them from the very positive reviews that they had gotten. I have to agree with everything on Tire Rack. These things stick very well in the dry and track great in the wet. They gave great feedback on my run up to US129 (Tail of the Dragon). Even when they where good and hot they didn't get greasy and didn't lose any grip. For such a tall tire (205/50-15s) the sidewall is very stiff on turn in so there is no "lag", for lack of a better word (If you have driven a "tall" tire with a mushy sidewall very aggressively you know what I mean, the Dunlops had a very flexible sidewall).

They have aged very well, I can't even tell that much difference between the fronts and the rears in terms of wear (I plan on rotating them in the next week or two). So, all in all I have been very impressed by these tires and I am guessing that I will stick with them for my next set.

No comments: