Friday, December 07, 2007

No Bugeye afterall?

Well, still trying to sell the TR. I have one guy looking but he hasn't been able to get away and come look at the car in person. Got the pictures of the Bugeye that I was interested in. It is pretty rough. Not sure if it is the type of project that I want to tackle right now. Would involve a lot more body and interior restoration than I would like. The Patrol would need some work but would be much easier to do than the work needed on the Bugeye. Plus, I don't know if I would want to "projects" going on at the same time. So, what to replace the TR with if I can't find a suitable Bugeye? Another TR? Nope, unless I can find a TR3 in good shape for cheap (not going to happen). Hmmm, what neat, rare and relatively cheap classic 2-seater roadster are out there? How 'bout a Datsun 1500/1600/2000 Fairlady? Yep! Love these cars, would like to get a 2000 but could accept one of the 1500/1600 ones. Neat looking cars with performance equal to the TR4a. Guess you'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: