Thursday, March 06, 2008

More Leakage....

Drove the TR6 to work today since it is going to be near 70. Figured I would get some good top down driving in before the nasty weather hits tomorrow and this weekend. Anyway, I drive to lunch and discover that there is some sort of fluid on the new plastic floor mats that I bought (glad I bought them, now I don't have to pull the carpet out again...). First thought is that the brake servo and MC is leaking again. Nope, fluid isn't blue (I used some left over ATE Super Blue brake fluid) so what could it be. Get to looking around and it looks as if my clutch master cylinder may now have a leak, great. I'm not a big fan of rebuilding when I don't know how old the part is or how many times it has been rebuilt. Decided to go with a new MC I picked up off of ebay for about $60. I'll park the car until the new one comes in, install it and then think about rebuilding the one I pull from the car. Keep it around as a spare I guess.

No comments: