Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Kaiser/AMC Jeepster Commando

Found out that a friend of my wifes family has a '71 Jeepster Commando. Very neat car, a guy in our neighborhood had a '68 for a few months. Anyway, I've added to the list of rare classic SUVs I'll be hunting. This one comes with a glimmer of hope in that if the lady ever decides to sell it she has my name at the top of the list (much like my wifes uncle and his '47 Willys CJ2a). So here are the rankings of the old, true SUVs I'd like to pick up in order of fav to least fav (but would still jump on if given the opportunity)

'60s Nissan Patrol
Kaiser/AMC Jeepster
Land Rover Series IIa
CJ2a
Original Ford Bronco Body Style ('67-77 I think)
Toyota FJ40

Here is a pic of what a Jeepster looks like:




Kind of a CJ5 married with a Scrambler and Wagoneer.

No comments: