Thursday, May 15, 2008

Top 5 Concerts I've Seen...

In honor of the amazing Radiohead Concert here in Atlanta last week I figured I would break out my top 5 concerts I've been to....

1. Feb. 13, 1997: Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Acoustic Set, 10th row or so. Overall an amazing show, setlist

2. May 8, 2008: Radiohead, wow is all I can say. I loved this band before the concert and now I have a new found respect for the fact that they can pull all their songs off live and sound perfect.

3. Flogging Molly at the Fox in Detroit sometime in '05 I guess. Get show, high energy, small venue. Opening acts where insane, crowd was....interesting? Love this band.

4. Snow Patrol at the Tabernacle in Atlanta. I think this was in '05 as well. This show was before they hit the radio, not all that crowded but still an amazing concert.

5. Mighty Mighty Bosstones, St. Patrick's Day Concert '04 in Detroit. They where supposed to be the opening band for Flogging Molly but FM pulled out to do the Jimmy Kimmel show that night at the last second. In response they moved the concert to some small place near Greektown. MMB put on one hell of a show for all the folks that decided to show up anyway. Sat in the upper balcony on the side. Most aggressive and high energy show I've seen.

Well, there they be. My top 5 concerts. Any readers want to chime in on their top 5 concerts?

No comments: