Thursday, May 08, 2008

Back from the Dragon and NC

Returned home in one piece from a work trip, MOTD (MINIs on the Dragon) and a bachelor party in Charlotte. Not too much worse for the wear. Played a great round of golf near Lake Norman, shot a 75. Best part about the course where the $1 beers and food. The dragon was great and relaxing as always, just wish I could have stayed the whole weekend, can't wait for next year. Had to drive the TR to work again yesterday, had another cracked wheel on the MINI. If you are looking for wheels I would stay away from Falken wheels. Two cracked wheels in a week (front left and right rear) is not a good sign. Picked up a new set with a lifetime warranty at Discount tire. Never had a bad experience at a Discount, they went out of there way to get my new wheels on (gave me more expensive wheels at a discount because the ones I wanted where out of stock, and then went around the show room changing out display lugs to make sure the had a complete set to match the wheels). Highly recommended if you are looking for new tires or wheels. TR is still running great, the new MINI wheels have pushed off the brake upgrade until summer. Can't wait to get all the work done this winter. The more I drive the car the more I can't wait to get it all sorted, it is going to be a blast when it is all done.

Not much planned for the next week. Sister-in-law is getting married next weekend, then I head to VA for a week and then Kel and I head to KY for a long weekend towards the end of the month. Going to the Radiohead concert tonight, I'll throw a review up tomorrow.

No comments: