Monday, August 27, 2007

Back from the Beach

We got back from a much needed week at the beach on Saturday. Had a great time and wish I was still there. Digging out at work today and tomorrow trying to get caught back up.

On the car front; I have everything that I need to clean up the floorboards in the TR. If I have enough paint and primer left I am going to hit a few spots under the hood (battery box and area underneath the master-cylinder). Going to try to take the TR out for a spin tonight since I head back out of town tomorrow and won't be back until Labor Day.

I looked at the Nissan Patrol in person today and I am mulling it over. Such a sweet truck but it needs a good amount of work. One of the brake cylinders needs to be replaced right off the bat and I would need to find some way to get the thing home. I would have to start from the bottom up. Clean up the frame first then clean up the tub second and fix the hardtop last (actually the piece that I think is going to take the most work). So we'll see. I hate to pass on this extremely rare truck but I don't know if I have the room/time/skills to keep the TR running and do a body off restoration on the Patrol. I think I would have to find somewhere to store the TR while working on the Nissan in the garage. It would give me something to work on every night during tax season though.

I'll update the Patrol situation while on the road this week.

No comments: