Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Quick Thoughts

Not much going on this week.

I taught BMW Street Survival School on Saturday and had a blast. A very cool driving school aimed at new teen drivers. Teaching things that you don't get to experience in everyday driving. What it feels like to brake and have the ABS kick in, what the car feels like when it under-steers and over-steers and how to correct each, plus a few other set ups and a class room session. All of the students left looking like they had a great time even if it was 102 degrees out! You can check out more infomtion about the program here.

Looking forward to a week of vacation next week. Our annual treck to Destin for a week at the beach. Do a whole lot of nothing but read and sit on the beach. Then it is back in town for a day or two and off to Chicago for 5 days.

I am waiting on an order of some rust prevention/convertor to get in this week. Once I have it in hand I will go buy a few wire wheels for my drill and go to work on the surface rust on the TR floorboards. Figure it is better to catch all of it now than wait and have to replace everthing. If the floor boards are not too tricky the I think I will hit the few surface rust spots on the body and the battery box. I am hoping that I can find a place to paint the TR this winter or next spring.

Thats all for now.

No comments: