Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Nissan Patrol


Well I may have found a substitution for the CJ2a jeep I have been wanting. I stumbled across this one on the net while hunting for old Land Rovers. It is a 1969 Nissan Patrol. Yes, they did import Nissan's into the state in the '60s. In fact the Patrol was imported into the states from 62-69, selling a robust 2616 trucks. This one has a 4.9 liter straight 6, 145hp and 253lbft of torque. I am going to check it out in person in the next week or so. Current owner says that it runs and drives well but needs body work, it currently has no floorboards! So, I'll have to wait and see what it looks like in person and if it is a project that I want to tackle.

If it looks worth it then I think my obtainable dream garage of cars is pretty much done. The idea of picking up a Datsun Sports 2000 has kind of faded. Doesn't make much sense to have two clone cars (TR4a and the 2000) when the TR is worth more and plus it is English.

Update on the TR: This week I am taking out the seats and trying to re-grease the slider rails so that I can actually move the seats forward and aft. While the seats are out I am going to give the inside of the car a good cleaning, inspect all the floorboards and clean up and paint any spots that are looking rough. After that it will be on to checking out the rear brakes, double checking the fronts again and then to replace the rear differential seal.

No comments: