Thursday, March 22, 2007

Car Show prep

I am taking the TR down to the Georgia Tech Car show next weekend. Bought a few things from Victoria British to clean it up a bit. A new hood emblem should really look nice. Plan on trying to clean the engine bay up a bit with some engine cleaner. I know it won't win any awards but it will be nice to show it off a bit. Also ordered a new oil pan gasket and drain plug. Going to change these out next time I change the oil. Next two things that have to get done to the car are the brakes and flush of the radiator (I know, yes I still have not gotten to this). Once I get those two things done then I am going to try to get a few other cosmetic things taken care of. Window seals, new top and tonneau cover, get one of the plate lights working and install a line filter on the radio.

Been digging the new tires and alignment on the MINI the last few days. I had forgotten what it was like to drive a car that didn't have a wicked wheel shake past 50mph. I think the new tires (General Exclain UHP) have really helped out the ride. They seem much smoother over everyday driving than the Dunlops where. Haven't pushed them yet, first chance will be a MINI club mountain drive next month. Looking forward to that to see how they handle some serious curves.

That's it for now. More after the weekend.......

No comments: