Thursday, March 15, 2007

New Tires on the Way

Ordering new tires for the MINI today. They will be General Exclaim UHPs from Tire Rack. Looking forward to getting them mounted and balanced so that I can finally have the car aligned and have all the camber setup for autocrossing.

I'm really digging the new springs. They have made the most difference to the handling of the car since I put the rear say bar on. Feel really nice on the road but flatten the car out when you push the car into a corner. If you are looking to put springs on your MINI I would go for the M7s.

In Triumph news, going to try to squeze the radiator flush in this weekend. Been doing some more research on the Fuel Injection system. I think it will be a go sometime in the next year. Trying to figure out the Megasquirt will be the toughest part. I'll buy a preassembled one and buy the relay board as well just to make sure everything is nice and tidy with the wiring. Tuning the system will be the hardest part and I know I will be having a few other wrench heads help me out with it. I am going to try and pick up a spare intake manifold that I found on craiglist next week, just to have an extra to mount the fuel intake to and so if I have to drill any holes for sensors in it then I have my original just in case I ever return the car to carbs.

That's it for today. I'll be watching a lot of basketball today, tomorrow and the rest of the weekend. First F1 race is saturday as well, looking forward to getting excited about that series for the first few races again and then realizing (again) that no one can pass and 90% of the time the winner is decided in qualifying. Hopefully I'll post some pic of the work on the TR next week.

No comments: