Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Possible supplier for my fuel injection project

Received an e-mail back from Mark at Affordable Fuel Injection stating that they can do full kits for a car with twin SU carbs! Very sweet, now all I have to do is scare up the money to do it.

So I have two routes to go, I can either have someone do the whole kit or come up with the bits and pieces my self. Mark also included a link to a company that makes SU throttle bodies that come with the injectors fuel rail, fuel pump and pressure regulator. All I would have to supply would be the fuel return line (which I would have to replace the stock feed line anyway, so not a big deal) and the ECU (hello Megasquirt!). So the project actually seems a bit easier than I first thought. It also may not be as rare as I thought, I found a few guys in the UK that have Fuel injected their TR4s using Meagsquirt and some sort of custom throttle body. This is just a long term plan thing. I would need to clean up the engine a bit, replace the oil pan seal, switch to an alternator (cheaper project than I first thought, maybe $100?) and then add the high torque starter. My initial thought would be I would like to get all this done in the next year. But of course this all falls back on if nothing else with the car goes bad and if I can dig up the money to do it. Even if it is a year off, it has been some neat reading over the last few days.

No comments: