Monday, March 12, 2007

Up Coming Projects

I installed some M7 lowering springs on the MINI this weekend (thanks Scott and Laura!). So far I really like the ride, I actually think it is a bit smoother just driving around but when you take a quick corner you can tell the springs are better than stock.

Installed a new temperature sensor on the Triumph and have been driving it around for the last few days. I plan on flushing the radiator this coming weekend, just need to make sure that I have everything staged and ready. Also going to change the t-stat out with a new 160 degree t-stat (to help with cooling for the warm weather in Atlanta) and proably will also try to replace the transmission fluid.

I have had a neat idea kicking around in my head since I started looking into rebuilding and tuning the carbs on the TR. Two words, fuel injection. Triumph ran a few TR4a inected prototypes but never produced them. I have been researching a way to do it. I know Megasquirt is a pretty good grassroots electronic controller but I think the hardest part will be finding an intake manifold to fit the cylinder head. This of course would happen after I switch from a generator to an alternator and replace the old Lucas starter. I just figure if I can pull it off the car will be much easier to keep tuned, will get better gas mileage, have better performance and thus be even more fun to drive. Plus it wil be a trully unique car. Yes it won't be original, I really don't care. I plan on having the car for a long time and it isn't in good enough shape to be a mueseum peice anyway. Just hoping that I can do it, really excited about it.

Going to the AJC Auto show next weekend, I'll put up some reviews of the new cars I see. Very interested in seeing the new Volvo C30 in person.

No comments: